יום שלישי, מרץ 06, 2007

 

The curse of Ararat Scrolls

So, what is it about getting a link here at the Scrolls that leads to conversion, and I do not mean conversion to Judaism? I mean the conversion of a blog link to something entirely unrelated. Or, if not 'conversion', then prolonged silence, or various forms of blogging debacle?

In my list of blogs about Jews-by-choice, the link for Heading for Sinai now gets you to a blog that is all in Kanji (as best I can tell). The one for Masa ha-Ruach, which had some very fine discussion of a convert's experience, now redirects to something called Penguin Dust that does not exactly contain things I want to read. (I have now deleted these two links.)

Then there is Tikkun Ger, who had a server meltdown recently. Fortunately, he is back up and running strong, though some of his earlier posts (along with numerous stunningly thoughtful comments by yours truly) are now gone. A couple of the others in that section of my links have hardly updated since I linked to them (not that I update frequently myself) or have largely moved to other topics.

Then there is Baraita, a wonderful blog, but which has not updated since October 22, or just about the point at which I added the link.

Given the low readership here, a link has little upside (compared to, say, a link at Mah Rabu--thanks, BZ!). However, if you are linked here, beware!

Comments:
I guess it's a good thing that my blog is mostly schlock these days and you don't have me linked ;)
 
הוסף רשומת תגובה



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?